The inclusion of sound at the movies was one of the most dramatic changes in all of film history. Dive into the early experiments of Edison trying to incorporate sound from film’s inception, through the experiments in the early 1920s, the Jazz Singer and the industry sound overhaul, and finally the multi-channel surround and modern movie sound technologies.
- The Beginning of Sound at the Movies
- Early Experiments in Sound During the Silent Era
- Vitaphone – the Beginning of the Talkies
- The Conversion From Silent Film to Sound
- How Television forces Films to adopt Multichannel Sound
- The Rise of Dolby and Modern Movie Sound
- FINAL QUIZ – The History of Sound at the Movies