10,000 Hours

Home Forums Screening Room 10,000 Hours

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of John P. Hess John P. Hess 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • 10,000 hours of dedicated practice. The Beatles, Bill Gates, Steven Spielberg, Howard Stern, Steve Martin, all started down the path of their passion as kids. In some sense, I am following in their footsteps, and made this film to honor the pursuit of one’s passion. I’ve been making movies and videos since I was 12, including narrative fiction, documentary, PSA’s, television commercials, and corporate video for Fortune 500 brands. This is my 108th project.

This film, 10,000 Hours, was personal and cathartic for me. I’m living the emotions as I’m narrating them, as I’m filming them. I started production when I was 90 days from high school graduation. The fear of stepping out into the world is felt even as I’m filming about it being felt. At the same time, I’m filming about the pursuit of dreams, while my dream is filming. The circular nature of it added to the sense of spinning and spiraling, just as you can see a snippet of me spinning around the camera in the film. It just premiered at the Sarasota FF, and earned Most Promising Young Filmmaker honors.

PS – If anyone actually knows Malcolm Gladwell, I’d love to hear his thoughts on the piece. It would be nice to see him Tweet again.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Avatar of NickRua NickRua.

Very nice Nick!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.