Wanna go on an adventure?
For nearly ten years, World Nomads has been sponsoring photographers, writers and filmmakers to go on a once-in-a-lifetime assignment to capture the stories from around the globe.
This year, one aspiring filmmaker will get a chance to make a travel film in Vietnam!
If selected you’ll get:
- A free flight from wherever you’re at to Vietnam.
- 10 days all-expenses paid professional mentorship with filmmaker and director Brian Rapsey in Vietnam
- A 3-day post production workshop
- Video Mic Pro with XLR Adapter, Smart Lav, Lavalier Mic and accessories from RØDE Microphones
- A state-of-the-art travel camera bag from Crumpler
- A copy of Lonely Planet’s Best Ever Video Tips.
- And, of course, Travel Insurance from World Nomads for the duration of the trip!
Head over to the World Nomads Site and apply. You’ll need to make a 3-minute film about an inspirational travel story – try going out there and interviewing an adventurer and bring their compelling travel story to life. This could be anything from a story of immigration to a close wildlife encounter to a triumph of summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Upload that video and YouTube or Vimeo and complete your application form by writing about what winning the scholarship would mean to you and why you should be selected.
But you better hurry because the application deadline is September 28, 2016. Winners will be announced October 14th and the adventure starts on February 27, 2017.
Think you have what it takes to be a winner? Check out last year’s shortlisted travel films here and watch winner Coleman Lowndes film here: