Are you stuck in a rut and don’t know how to proceed – try this paper experiment.
- Find some paper. The bigger, the better.
- Write out what you are doing, who you are doing it for, and why you are doing it. Be brutally honest.
- Take a good look at the paper. Don’t do anything but look at it and reflect on what you’ve written. In fact, drink a cup of tea or coffee while doing so, and don’t do anything else until you have drank the last drop.
- Start crossing out the stuff that doesn’t resonate with you on some level that is deeper than “I have to do this”. If you look at all of the criteria, you can avoid the “have to” items and get to the “want to” items.
- Take the items that you crossed out and write them down on a piece of paper. The smaller the paper, the better.
- Take the items you didn’t cross out and write them down on a piece of paper. The bigger the paper, the better.
- Compare the two pieces of paper. While doing this, you should (hopefully) realize that the smaller stuff shouldn’t get in the way of the bigger stuff. The small paper represents stuff of little import, the big paper represents stuff of bigger import.
Vardy.me | Read the Full Article