This post has been updated. The new post can be found here:
Whoever said you can’t get something for nothing never used Celtx. This is not just one of the best open source programs, it one of the best pieces of filmmaking software period. And, with the newly released v2.0 it’s even better.
In this feature we gathered together the best tutorials we could find. The bad news is the number of tutorials currently floating around on the internets is limited. But, the good news is what is out there is of fairly good quality.
Celtx does more than just format screenplays, it has all the tools you need to write, organize and collaborate in one modern, internet-friendly, free software application. It’s the most complete media pre-production software program available anywhere, at any cost.
Celtx is the world’s first all-in-one media pre-production software. It has everything you need to take your story from concept to production. Celtx replaces ‘paper, pen & binder’ pre-production with a digital approach that’s more complete, simpler to work with, and easier to share.
So what are you waiting for? Go download Celtx today!
Also check out these great feature articles:
Built around CELTX open-source software, Motion Sketches is an online video series that explores contemporary approaches to media production development. From the big screen to the mobile screen, from live-action to the virtual camera – Motion Sketches presents a range of highly practical perspectives on developing a media project from concept to production – screenplay, design, story, development and delivery. Created for Celtx by Baddad Productions.
- Add Actor Descriptions to Celtx Project Library
- Add Character Descriptions to Celtx Project Library
- Add Items to Celtx Project Library
- Add Location Descriptions to Celtx Project Library
- Add Prop Descriptions to Celtx Project Library
- Add Scene Details to Celtx Project Library
- Add Scenes to Celtx Production Schedule
- Create an Account in Celtx Web Services
- Folders & Options in Celtx Project Library
- Format Your Script in Celtx Screenplay Editor
- How to Download Celtx Free Screenwriting Software
- Index Cards & Celtx Screenplay Editor
- Learn the Audio Play Editor in Celtx
- Learn the AV Script Editor in Celtx
- Learn the Project Library in Celtx
- Learn the Text Editor for Celtx Screenwriting Software
- Options in the Celtx Production Scheduler
- Preferences in Celtx Free Screenwriting Software
- Print Options in the Celtx Production Schedule
- Share & Publish in Celtx Web Services
- Snapshots & Profiles in Celtx Web Services
- Start a New Project in Celtx Screenwriting Software
- Tag Production Items in Celtx Screenplay Editor
- The Screenplay Editor of Celtx Screenwriting Software
- The Stageplay Editor of Celtx Screenwriting Software
- The Storyboard Feature of Celtx Screenwriting Software
- Tips for Using Celtx Screenwriting Software
- Tips for Using the Celtx Project Library
- Title Page & Typesetting in Celtx Screenplay Editor
- Toolbar Options in Celtx Screenplay Editor
- Understand Reports in Celtx Screenplay Editor
How To Use CELTX 1.0 To Write Your Next Famous Screenplay
How To Create a Script Breakdown Report in CELTX